You are probably aware that predicting the future is very difficult business to be involved in. Unanticipated events can always change what we thought would happen, but we’re still free to make our best educated guesses with the means that are available to us. Below is a list of events that will most likely to happen before the year 2050. So, be aware, and share this article!
- Two new countries may emerge in the form of New Caledonia and Bougainville in the Pacific as they hold independence referendum from France and Papua, New Guinea respectively.
- The FIFA World Cup will be held in Russia.
- NASA will deploy the James Webb Space Telescope which will be significantly more powerful than the Hubble Space Telescope.
- The United Kingdom will officially leave the European Union
- FIFA Women’s Cup will be held in France.
- The Jeddah tower in Saudi Arabia is scheduled to be completed. This tower will become the new tallest structure in the world at the full kilometer tall.
- The Summer Olympics will be held in Tokyo.
- Bigelow Aerospace plans on beginning construction of the first ever space hotel that will be able to accommodate six very wealthy guests at the time.
- India is expected to launch their first ever manned space mission
- China plans on constructing their very first Space Station.
- The FIFA World Cup will be held in Qatar.
- The Winter Olympics will be hosted in Beijing, China.
- The copyrights on the earliest Mickey Mouse cartoons will expire under current US copyright laws.
- The company SpaceX ostensibly has plans on launching their first rocket carrying cargo to Mars.
- The Fehmarn Belt Fixed Link will be completed, and which will provide a direct rail and high way link between northern Germany and Copenhagen, Denmark.
- The Giant Magellan Telescope is scheduled to be completed. It will be the largest observatory in the world at this point, and have ten times the resolution power of the Hubble Space.
- The UK will completely phased out all of their coal power plants.
- We will possibly see SpaceX launch the first-ever manned mission to Mars, if everything goes according to their current schedule.
- NASA has plans to send manned mission to visit an asteroid.
- Construction on Catalan Cathedral Sagrada Familia will be finally completed. Construction on this epic church began all the way back in 1882, which means that it will have taken 144 years to finally completed.
- The SpaceX that launched the year previously will finally arrive at their destination. Meaning that we might witness the first-ever humans to set foot on Mars.
- The full autopsy report on Elvis Presley, which was agreed to be sealed for 50 years following his death, will finally be made public.
- The Summer Olympics will be hosted in Los Angeles, California.
- The cities of San Francisco and Los Angeles will be connected by a high-speed rail line that can transport people from one to the other in just 2 hours and 20 minutes.
- At some point of this decade, NASA plans on launching their own manned mission to Mars.
- China has plans on launching their own manned mission to the moon.
- Russia has plans on launching their own cosmonauts on the moon.
- Breakthrough Starshot will happen. The plan should be able to send tiny spacecraft to the Alpha Centauri star system, the nearest other star system to Earth. A planet inside the system is located Proxima Centauri B is located inside of the habituate zone. This could be possible home to some alien life.
- We may see the first summer where there won’t be any ice in the Arctic.
- France will completely banned the sale of all gasoline, and diesel vehicle in the country.
- The world population will have probably reached 9 billion people.
- Americans of European ancestry will become minority group inside of the United States for the first time.
- We’ll probably see the advent of the world’s first trillionaire.
- The works of J.J.R. Tolkien including ‘The Lord of the Rings’ and ‘Hobbit’ will enter into the public domain.
- According to the famed futurist Ray Kurzweil, this year is the estimated year of the technological singularity. Meaning that this may be the year where artificial intelligence will surpass human intelligence, which could lead to enormous and unforeseen changes in society.
- The Antarctic Treaty will come up for review which could lead to mining and oil industries opening up on the continent for the first time.
- By this point, half of the Amazon rainforests will likely be deforested.
- About 70% of the world population will be living in cities.
- About half of the global population may not have access to clean drinking water.
- The average global life expectancy may be 76 years old.
- There will be super-smart artificial intelligence that will be even smarter than humans.
- Self-driving cars will likely be normal.
- New world of possible hundred or even thousands of people will be living and working on Mars.
There are things to be both afraid of and excited for in the future. So, let’s make sure to work as hard as we can in the present to make our future the best one that we can possibly imagine. What do you think? Will all project come to reality?